Thursday, October 26, 2006

There exists, in America, something called "Fantasy-Baseball Camps," in which adults can pay money to play baseball with their favorite retired ball players. (I kind of had a feeling something like this existed, but until now I had now direct proof.)

From the Wall Street Journal:

"The campers, who are mostly affluent middle-aged men, get to wear real uniforms and live out their dreams by playing baseball for a week alongside childhood heroes. (The cost ranges from $3,100 to $8,500, depending on the camp.)"

Here is a funny picture and quote from former pitcher turned fat-man Denny McLain:





These camps seems to good to be true, and the fact that I plan on being an "affluent middle-aged man" someday makes it all the better. ( Just the thought that I could someday play with the 2005 World Champion White Sox is giving me a boner.)

But this whole Fantasy-Baseball camp deal got me thinking...you think if I pay enough money, I could play against active players in real games? Could I buy my way into the Major Leagues? (I hope so, that'd be sick. Like buying your way into space.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home