Thursday, May 03, 2007

Here's a sentence I read today in an old issue of Film Quarterly about a sex scene in the movie Medium Cool, which you can read about here.

"This gavotte is amusing because most males in breast-fed-and-bred America probably find greater visual (not tactile) excitement in a beautiful poitrine rather than in the pudendum."

I thought this sentence was hilarious the first time I read it, even though I didn't understand the words "gavotte," "poitrine," and "pudendum." I guess I could figure out their general meaning based on the context. Here's dictionary.com anyways:

Gavotte-an old French dance in moderately quick quadruple meter
Poitrine-a woman's breasts
Pudendum-the external genital organs, esp. those of the female; vulva

I need to start using pudendum more often. Great word.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Weatherhead said...

i'm going to name my kid poitrine

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home